Costs & Inclusions
*Unlike other Au Pair programs, our fee has no ‘hidden extras’. What you see is what you get.
- Free international return flight for Au Pairs who successfully complete their 12 month program (ex Sydney, Melbourne, Auckland & Wellington). If you leave the program early you will be required to pay for your return flight.
- Travel to and from your host family, from your arrival port in Germany, at the beginning and end of the program.
- Comprehensive medical, travel, baggage and personal liability insurance coverage (includes trip cancellation coverage.)
- A local orientation within two weeks of arrival in the host community.
- Free local transportation pass.
- Placement with a carefully selected host family.
- Your own furnished bedroom in your host family’s home.
- Up to €350 payment per month (more if you work longer hours).
- Up to 4 weeks vacation per year.
- Assistance with obtaining your visa (you must pay the visa and related costs).
- Support from our partner agency in Germany including a 24/7 emergency number to call.
- The opportunity to be in touch with and socialise with other Au Pairs.
- Be able to stay three extra months as a tourist to further explore Germany.
- Some flexibility with your arrival date. (Note that your dates may need to be negotiated between you and your host family to secure a mutually convenient program period).
- Travelex Visa Cash Passport Card
- eKit card.
- A $250 deposit is required when you submit your application.
- We will invoice you for the balance of the program fee after you have been formally accepted.
Cancellations will only be accepted in writing and will be effective at the date received by Student Placement Australia New Zealand Pty Ltd. Refunds will be made according to the following schedule:
- If your application does not meet our basic eligibility criteria you will be refunded in full.
- If you meet the basic eligibility criteria but fail to pass the interview you will be refunded in full less the $250 deposit.
- If you withdraw from the program:
- After acceptance but before placement you will be refunded in full less the A$250 deposit.
- After placement but more than 30 days prior to departure you will be refunded in full less A$750.
- After placement but less than 30 days prior to departure you will be refunded in full less A$1000.
After departure there will be no refund.
What's Not Included?
- International and domestic airfares and other transportation (but note that your international fair will be reimbursed to you when you complete a 12 month program successfully, excl Sydney, Melbourne, Auckland & Wellington)
- Passport fees
- Visa fees
- All items of a personal nature including expenses for entertainment
If you purchase a specially discounted airfare from our travel provider, STA Travel, you will also receive:
- Free International Student Identity Card (ISIC) or International Youth Travellers Card IYTC (if eligible), which entitles you to discounts on entertainment and travel while you are overseas.
- Free password protected ‘Web wallet’ which allows you to keep track of your budget and itinerary and store important information like credit card and passport numbers, etc.