Costs & Inclusions
*Unlike other Au Pair programs, our fee has no ‘hidden extras’. What you see is what you get.
- Your host family will pick you up from the closest airport or station when you arrive.
- Choice of the departure month that’s best for you. (Note that your departure time may need to be negotiated between you and your host family as to secure a mutually convenient date).
- Comprehensive medical, travel, baggage and personal liability insurance coverage (includes trip cancellation coverage.)
- Placement with a carefully selected host family.
- Placement opportunities in Spain and elsewhere.
- Your own furnished bedroom in your host family’s home.
- Up to 100 Euros weekly pocket money.
- The documentation necessary to obtain your Working Holiday or Au Pair visa for 12 months.
- Assistance with obtaining your visa (you must pay the visa and related costs).
- Support from our partner agency in Spain including a 24/7 emergency number to call.
- The opportunity to be in touch with and socialise with other Au Pairs.
- Travelex Visa Cash Passport Card
- eKit card.
- A $250 deposit is required when you submit your application.
- We will invoice you for the balance of the program fee after you have been formally accepted.
Cancellations will only be accepted in writing and will be effective at the date received by Student Placement Australia New Zealand Pty Ltd. Refunds will be made according to the following schedule:
- If your application does not meet our basic eligibility criteria you will be refunded in full.
- If you meet the basic eligibility criteria but fail to pass the interview you will be refunded in full less the $250 deposit.
- If you withdraw from the program:
- After acceptance but before placement you will be refunded in full less the A$250 deposit.
- After placement but more than 30 days prior to departure you will be refunded in full less A$750.
- After placement but less than 30 days prior to departure you will be refunded in full less A$1000.
After departure there will be no refund.
What's Not Included?
- International and domestic airfares and other transportation
- Passport fees
- Visa fees
- All items of a personal nature including expenses for entertainment
If you purchase a specially discounted airfare from our travel provider, STA Travel, you will also receive:
- Free International Student Identity Card (ISIC) or International Youth Travellers Card IYTC (if eligible), which entitles you to discounts on entertainment and travel while you are overseas.
- Free password protected ‘Web wallet’ which allows you to keep track of your budget and itinerary and store important information like credit card and passport numbers, etc.