Costs & Inclusions
Unlike other Au Pair programs, our program fee has no ‘hidden extras’. What you see is what you get.
- Free international return flight for Au Pairs who successfully complete their 12 month program (ex Sydney, Melbourne, Auckland & Wellington). If you leave the program early you will be required to pay for your return flight.
- Travel to and from your host family at the beginning and end of the program.
- Choice of the departure month that’s best for you.
- Comprehensive medical, travel, baggage and personal liability insurance coverage (includes trip cancellation coverage.)
- 3 day orientation in Washington DC on arrival including transfers, accommodation, meals & sightseeing.
- Monthly meetings in your local community with your Coordinator.
- Handbook providing tips on being an Au Pair.
Host Family Placement
- Placement with a carefully selected CHI Host Family.
- Usually be placed in a major American City or in its suburbs, with all of the educational, cultural and entertainment resources these metropolitan areas offer.
- Have your own furnished bedroom in your host family’s home. Receive US$195.75 weekly pocket money.
- Two weeks vacation, with pocket money.
- The legal sponsorship necessary to obtain your J-1 visa for 12 months.
- Assistance with obtaining your visa (you must pay the visa and related costs).
- Support in the USA from an experienced CHI Community Counsellor.
- CHI organised monthly meetings.
- A regular schedule of social, cultural and recreational activities with other Au Pairs.
- Be able to take the “13th month” to travel and explore the US.
- Attending classes that will help you learn about American culture with American students.
- Host families will pay up to US $500 for school fees, textbooks and materials.
- MasterCard multi-currency Cash Passport Card
- ISIC card.
- Au Pair Manual/Handbook.
- Baby Sitter’s Handbook.
- ABC’s of American Culture.
- A $250 deposit is required when you submit your application.
- We will invoice you for the balance of the program fee after you have been formally accepted.
- On receipt of full payment your application is submitted to the USA.
Cancellations will only be accepted in writing and will be effective at the date received by Student Placement Australia New Zealand Pty Ltd. Refunds will be made according to the following schedule:
- If your application does not meet our basic eligibility criteria you will be refunded in full.
- If you meet the basic eligibility criteria but fail to pass the interview and/or the psychometric test you will be refunded in full less the $250 deposit.
- If you withdraw from the program:
- After acceptance but before placement you will be refunded in full less the A$250 deposit.
- After placement but more than 30 days prior to departure you will be refunded in full less A$750.
- After placement but less than 30 days prior to departure you will be refunded in full less A$1000.
After departure there will be no refund.
What's Not Included?
- International and domestic airfares and other transportation (but note that your international fair will be reimbursed to you when you complete a 12 month program successfully, excl Sydney, Melbourne, Auckland & Wellington)
- Passport fees
- Visa fees
- All items of a personal nature including expenses for entertainment
If you purchase a specially discounted airfare from our travel provider, STA Travel, you will also receive:
- Free International Student Identity Card (ISIC) or International Youth Travellers Card IYTC (if eligible), which entitles you to discounts on entertainment and travel while you are overseas.
- Free password protected ‘Web wallet’ which allows you to keep track of your budget and itinerary and store important information like credit card and passport numbers, etc.