How Do I Apply
Step 1: Download all the available information to learn more about the program or contact us directly to discuss our programs further.
Step 2: Complete the Au Pair Application Form: Complete the form in full (neatly, in dark ink). Remember, your application form will be reproduced and distributed to prospective host families, so it should be as informative, neat and attractive as possible. Attach a colour passport photo of yourself (smiling please).
Please see the additional documents below you are required to submit with your completed application form:
- “Dear Host Family” Letter: Write a letter to your prospective host family telling about yourself. Remember to tell them about the children you have taken care of, the things you like to do, your family and friends, and why you want to become an Au Pair in the USA. Your “Dear Host Family” letter will help your American family to get a sense of who you are, so take time to write a good letter, in English. Your letter should be two full pages, double-spaced, on white paper only, and neatly written in dark ink or typed.
- Make your Photo Collage: Think about who you are making the photo collage for. Try to imagine what a host family would find most interesting about you and what you would like to share about yourself. Your photo collage should be biographical and represent key events and people in your life, as well as hobbies or sports practiced, and different situations with parents, siblings, friends, caring for children, recreation, social etc. Photos should be mounted vertically on A-4 sized sturdy paper or cardboard and should be two full pages (not more, nor less).
- Complete the Certificate of Health
- Complete the Au Pair References pages (must be non-family related)
- Complete the CHI Program Agreement and Photo permission
- Photocopy of your Drivers Licence
- Photocopy of your Passport ID page
- Criminal Background Check which can be obtained from the local police station.
- Photocopy (with principal’s signature) of your high school diploma with grades.
Step 3: Return your Application Package to us along with your $250 deposit.
Step 4: Once we receive your application, we will acknowledge its receipt and liaise with you regarding any missing information or anything that’s not clear. We will check it for eligibility and then we’ll arrange to meet with you to conduct a selection interview in your nearest capital city where we will also conduct your psychometric test.
Step 5: If you successfully pass your interview and the psychometric test we will formally accept you onto the program and invoice you for the balance of the program fe
Step 6: Once we have received your final payment your application will be sent over to the US where the search for your host family begins.
Step 7: Once your placement is finalised you will be provided with your host family profile and your departure date will be confirmed. You will then be provided with the necessary documents required to apply for your J-1 visa.
Step 8: Attend a visa interview at the nearest US consulate and, if successful, receive your J-1 visa.
Step 9: Step aboard your flight to Washington DC where you will attend the 3 day orientation.